Accounting & Business Law, Assistant Professor (AA25092)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Business, College of
Unit: Accounting and Business Law209, IFO
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration given to applications received prior to December 1, 2023.
POSITION: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
Salary Type: Depends on qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 209, IFO
Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in taxation and accounting. Engage in scholarly activity.
- A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
- The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
- May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university's additional locations, as assigned.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation, conduct research productively and mentor students in research, help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion, and may be expected to develop external grant funding opportunities.
- All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, in contributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the IFO Master Agreement).
- This position will advise undergraduate majors.
- This position will supervise/advise graduate students.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate courses in taxation and accounting.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching graduate courses in taxation and accounting.
- Doctorate or terminal degree in business or accounting from AACSB-accredited institution. DBA will be considered. Evidence of degree completion by September 1, 2024.
- Demonstrated ability to serve a diverse population and apply an equity lens to this position including social justice and/or anti-racism.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment, including ability to work with faculty and staff in a collegial and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral communication and/or presentation skills.
- Experience in taxation, especially entity and corporate areas.
- Demonstrated preparation to teach, advise, and support a wide variety of students.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching college or university-level classes, including appropriate training and experience to teach applied courses at the graduate level and ability to teach using technology in the classroom and/or online course delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
- Demonstrated success, or strong potential, for productivity in research (publications and/or professional presentations), grant writing, creative activity, and scholarship.
- Currently hold or have potential to obtain board licensure in CPA.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
The Department of Accounting and Business Law has over 300 students enrolled in its Bachelor of Science in Accounting program and Master of Accounting (MAcc) programs. Graduates consistently exceed the national average of first-time pass rate on the uniform CPA examination and are actively recruited by the large public accounting firms and all regional public accounting firms. In recent years, the program has produced two Elijah Watt Sells recipients. Accounting and business law faculty are teacher-scholars publishing widely and often in engagement with students and industry. For more information, visit the https://cob.mnsu.edu/acct and https://cob.mnsu.edu/blaw program web pages.
The College of Business at Minnesota State University, Mankato is an accredited member of AACSB International since 1997 and houses the departments of Accounting and Business Law, Finance, Management and Entrepreneurship, and Marketing and International Business as well as the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. One of the largest business schools in the region, each year over 2,000 students enroll in bachelor programs and short-program certificates including those in Accounting, Agribusiness and Food Innovation, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Finance, International Business, Management and Marketing. The online Master of Accounting and MBA programs as well as the Tax and Business Leadership graduate certificates are growing and providing a new level of access and relevancy for adult learners. Business minors in areas such as entrepreneurship and innovation, business administration, business law, financial planning, human resource management, and marketing are among the most popular at the University. More information about the College of Business can be found herehttps://cob.mnsu.edu/.
University Demographics Minnesota State University, Mankato is a member of the Minnesota State system. Minnesota State has established a strategic vision, Equity 2030, which aims to close the educational equity gaps across race and ethnicity, socioeconomic status, ability, and geographic location by the end of the decade at every Minnesota State college and university and to provide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities. The focus of the work includes: Enhancing access and student success. Providing Minnesota with the talent it needs. Anchoring the communities and regions we serve.Equity 2030 seeks to bridge efforts occurring within divisions and institutions, creating an intentional statewide culture of equity-minded collaboration and resulting in equitable practice embedded throughout our institutions. The full Equity 2030 plan is linked here. https://www.minnstate.edu/Equity2030/index.html Minnesota State University, Mankato has identified five broad themes as our basis for discussion in developing our next comprehensive strategic plan. The themes are Serving Students and Managing Enrollment, Focusing our Resources, Offering an Exceptional Student Experience, Caring for Health and Well-Being, and Ensuring a Welcoming, Equitable, and Inclusive University. We seek to attract teacher-scholars who will be culturally and academically diverse faculty members, and staff with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. Minnesota State University, Mankato, is student-centered and focuses on applied research that expands knowledge; improves learning; and serves the region, state, and nation.Founded as a Normal School in 1868, Minnesota State University, Mankato is now the second largest university in Minnesota with a tradition of combining big-ideas with real-world thinking to find solutions for pressing problems in the state, region, and global society. Mankato, Minnesota, is a community of nearly 44,500 people, about 85 miles southwest of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The University acknowledges the land and the tribal nations upon this land whose work is being accomplished. We acknowledge that we are on Dakota land. We also take the opportunity to recognize that we live, work, and learn in the homeland of the Dakota people, whose language frames our name-Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Serving approximately 17,900 students annually, the University is an applied research institution, with more than 200 academic programs, from bachelors through doctoral degrees. The University is a diverse and global campus with 18% students of color and 1,175 + international students from 95 countries, cutting-edge information technology solutions and extensive partnerships. With 1,600 faculty and staff, including 700 teaching faculty. The University has additional locations and a growing number of on-line programs to accelerate educational access and opportunity. These locations include partnerships in northern Minnesotas the iron range region. Fast facts about the university can be found here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/about-the-university/fast-facts/ APPLICATION PROCEDURES:To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/ A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement defining diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and describing your views and actions toward advancing DEI including dimensions of social justice and racial equity related to race, gender, ability and culture. How would your views and prior actions regarding diversity, equity and inclusion align with Minnesota State University, Mankatos goals?
- A one (1) page statement of your teaching philosophy
- A one (1) page statement of your research/scholarly interests
Accounting & Business Law Department
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://admin.mnsu.edu/human-resources/our-benefits/bargaining-units-and-personnel-plans/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN States vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the schools policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M365M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/19/2024
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 10/03/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/2527
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-50a4308862c24c49b43b71f6349526df